Friday, September 26, 2014

Friday beauty: Pedicure

My mom and I often get pedicures together, and we always go to the same place up in Marana: Kiwi Nails.  The employees are all Vietnamese, but they speak English pretty well.  We are quite familiar to them now.  :)

First, before we went, I decided to dress up a bit.  Taking pictures of myself by myself, though, is a very tricky task.



I just can't seem to get the lighting right, myeh!  I wasn't meant to be a photographer, that's for sure.

Anyway, I never get manicures.  As an introvert, it's uncomfortable because I have to sit across from and close to the manicurist for about fifteen minutes or so, and I can't just not talk to her.  I don't want to talk, but being that close to someone, it's kind of rude not to, and the manicurist is always asking me questions anyway, so there's no escaping it.  The last manicure I got was on a cruise last year.  I had won it in a raffle, so I had to take it, but it was very uncomfortable.  With pedicures, I can easily stay quiet.  I am elevated while the pedicurist is down below, plus I'm in a massage chair, so I can just lie back and pretend I'm too busy relaxing to carry a conversation.  :b

The other reason I don't get manicures is that they only last a couple days, and that definitely isn't worth the trouble and discomfort it takes to get it done.  Pedicures, on the other end, usually last at least couple weeks.

That said, it had been over a month since my last pedicure...


What tends to happen is that once they start to chipping, I start feeling the need to chip away at them, so they get worse even faster.  The polish from my last pedicure had actually lasted awhile, but it was definitely time for a new coat.

Getting a pedicure can be a little tortuous.  I especially hate when they remove the callouses from my feet.  Yikes, it tickles!  I've gotten pretty good at staying still considering all the practice I had as a child holding in my laughter whenever I was tickled so that the tickler would stop, but it's still very hard!  The sand scrub they do also hurts, and as someone with ezcema, it can sometimes be hard to endure.

But the hot water always feel nice...


I chose a color perfect for Halloween!  Except...well, in the bottle, it was definitely a dark purple, but on my toes, it looks black!  D:  But I swear, they really are purple if you look closely!  But who's going to look that closely, huh?  Haha.

Halloween is in October when the month is almost over.  Tick, tock, tick, tock.  Halloween is coming soon -- WATCH OUT!