Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pumpkin splendor

I really do hate cooking and baking.  So why do I do it?  Well, sometimes I see a recipe that looks so interesting and tasty that I just have to make it because if I don't, no one else will.

But I'm just so clumsy in the kitchen.  Mine never looks as good as the picture.  T.T  This was a recipe that I found here called Pumpkin Lasagna.  It's actually a dessert, not real lasagna.  I've actually had real lasagna made with pumpkin, and I didn't love it.  :/
 
All the ingredients that I needed!
 
I don't know what you call this thing, but I used it to chop up the pecans!  The original recipe called for walnuts, but I don't like walnuts.

I was stupid and forgot to roast the pecans first.  Argh!  Oh, well.

The cheesecake layer.  I love this automatic mixing...thing.

And the pumpkin layer mixed with vanilla pudding!  :D

The finished product!  I know, it looks uneven and terrible.  D:
From above!  I still forgot to roast the pecans.  :(

It didn't look as beautiful as I wanted it to...
The website says that this should only take forty-five minutes.  Well, being me, any cooking time ends up getting doubled since I'm a perfectionist, and a really clumsy perfectionist at that.  This took me close to ninety minutes to make.  I was exhausted by the end of it!

The recipe is definitely a good one.  Anyone who loves pumpkin would like it.  :)

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really interesting, and I love pumpkin especially this time of year! thanks for sharing.

    I also loved how your reason for baking is because if you don't, "no one else will" lol

    ReplyDelete