Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sunday vacation: DIDNEY WORL

During our San Diego trip, we went to Disneyland, and it was awesome.


I'm going to keep saying "DIDNEY WORL" even though we actually went to Disneyland since DIDNEY WORL is about a thousand times more hilarious than DIDNEYLAN.

Since we were in San Diego, we had to get up fairly early in order to make the drive to Anaheim in order to be there right at the time the park opens.  I was extremely sleepy and just wanted to go back to sleep as always, but I did manage to get ready.  Again, I apologize for not taking a picture with my other camera of this outfit.  It was too early for me to think straight, haha.  Also, I forgot to bring red lip stain.  That would've really completed the look!  Oh, well.


I was very happy with this outfit!  I found the red polka dot skirt online for only five dollars from China.  Shipping was even free!  The yellow legwarmers were probably the most expensive part of this outfit, but it was all worth it.  I got so many compliments just walking around the park.

It was supposed to be a "ghost town" day, but in Disneyland terms, that still is fairly crowded, just not a nightmare like it is around the holidays.  I don't ever want to go to Disneyland around New Year's ever again!

My friend from Utah, Dan, is currently living in California and was able to join us for the day.  After a great amount of searching, we finally found each other.  We hadn't seen each other in many months, so it was a nice reunion!

By the way, Dan took the picture of me on my about page here.

That's my mom in between us being silly.
Look at how much fun we're having!
The first thing we did once we entered the park is head straight for the Haunted Mansion, which is actually my favorite ride in the park.  I love the detail, I love how long it is, I love how quickly the line moves.  At this time of year, it's the Nightmare Before Christmas version.  I haven't been to the park at any other time of year in a long time, so it's been awhile since I've seen the original version.  I like the Nightmare version, but I do like the original more.

Still, it's wonderfully done.





We had just been to Disneyland last year, so I was quite surprised to see that the ride had been updated!  New special effects, specifically the new ceiling effect in the elevator room.  Nice!

After the Haunted Mansion, we went to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.  On the way, we passed a little bit of home.

Well, a little different from Tucson, but I almost didn't notice it until Dan pointed it out since this kind of scene is pretty much everywhere here, haha.
Displaying photo 3.JPG
In line for Pirates.  Definite DIDNEY WORL moment.
 I don't recall anything different about the Pirates ride.  It seemed pretty much the same.  By the way, my parents got engaged at the Blue Bayou restaurant that's right inside the ride.  :)

I love Pirates...but I hate that initial drop.  X(

After Pirates, we went to Space Mountain which my dad had gotten Fastpasses for when we first entered the park.  We were one short, though.  It appeared that he had forgotten to get one for one of the tickets.  Whoops!  Luckily, not everyone wanted to ride it including my mom who has neck and back problems, so it worked out.  It was the Halloween version of the ride, Ghost Galaxy.  I really like it, but I have to be honest...it actually really is creepy.  That ghost image is very disturbing!

Displaying photo 4.JPG
It was kind of scary, but I was all tough about it.
We got lunch after Space Mountain at Redd Rockett's Pizza Port afterwards.  My mom ordered something for us while we were on Space Mountain.  She ordered me macaroni and cheese since she knows I love it.  :b



I don't think this was what she was expecting I would get.  :b  Actually, this was a perfect amount of food for me.  I even got chocolate milk, my favorite drink!

My sister and I shared this.  I think Dan had a bite.  It was unbelievably delicious.
 After lunch, my sister, Saydee, Dan, and I decided to break off from the rest of the group since we didn't want to do the kiddy stuff.  We set off to have the ultimate Disney adventure.

Displaying photo 1.JPG

And we looked awesome doing it!

I'm not going to go over everything we did and just let the pictures do the talking for the most part, but we really did have fun.  We figured out the best way to get Fastpasses and managed to do pretty much everything in a very short amount of time!


Displaying photo 2.JPG
We rode Space Mountain again!
Displaying photo 4.JPG

Displaying photo 5.JPG
Outside Thunder Mountain!
Thunder Mountain isn't nearly as much fun as Space Mountain, especially if you're in the front, but I still enjoy it.  This ride has definitely had some updates as well, specifically the explosion toward the end.


The Indiana Jones ride was actually closed for a bit, but we made sure to get Fastpasses as soon as it was back up and running!
I really wanted to find Aladdin since he's my favorite character from my favorite movie.  I kind of figured we wouldn't see him since we were there during the off-season, so I decided to go into his oasis instead and take pictures there.  How someone as poor as Aladdin could afford his own oasis, I have no idea.




I'm pretty sure Aladdin would not want the Cave of Wonders in his oasis considering that it tried to trap him forever.  I'm beginning to think that Aladdin actually had nothing to do with this and that Disney is just using his name.  >:/
I found Aladdin!  YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY *arm flail*

And the Three Caballeros!  YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY *arm flail*

And Jessie the yodeling cowgirl! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY *arm flail*

Dan looking kewl in our teacup.  I thought about making a Family Guy joke here, but I decided against it.





Displaying photo 1.JPG
We needed a break from walking and rode the Jungle Cruise.
I, uh...I don't actually know what to say about this ride.

Aflac!
ASIMO the awesome robot!  Actually, this demonstration wasn't as interesting as I thought it would be.  It was just nice to take a break from walking.

This table was pretty neat.

The Matterhorn Bobsleds needs a serious upgrade.  It is so rickety that it's not even worth going on.  I don't ever want to ride it again.  I felt like my back was going to break!
I suck at this game, but it's so much fun.  Saydee somehow always manages to get over 100,000 points.  I'm lucky if I can get past 10,000.  :b


Displaying photo.JPG 
Displaying photo 2.JPG  

Displaying photo 5.JPG

We concluded our day by riding Space Mountain one last time before meeting up with the rest of the group.  I was completely exhausted, but it had been so much fun.  It was great seeing Dan again!

I was so tired that I almost couldn't imagine having to go again the very next day.

Almost.  ;)

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lot of fun! I NEED to go back to Disneyland! I haven't really been able to get the full experience yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the outfit! I can't wait to take my daughter to Disneyland, she's 20 months so I am just waiting for her to get a little older. I haven't been to Disneyland during the Halloween time but looking at your pictures it's making me really wish I had! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halloween is the best time to go! I would highly recommend getting tickets for Mickey's Halloween Party if you ever do go. It's less expensive than a regular ticket, less crowded since tickets are limited, and you still get full access to the park from 3 to 11 P.M..

      Delete
    2. Oh nice! Thanks for the info! Will definitely check that out! (:

      Delete