Friday, November 14, 2014

Getting behind on blogging!

I hate NaNoWriMo!  X(  I was doing so good with blogging everyday until this month, haha.

What happens is that I typically blog at night after everything's done for the day so that I can be sure to be productive during the day (or try to be, haha).  However, during NaNoWriMo, I also work on my novel at night, so I put NaNoWriMo as my first priority and blogging second.  So, I'm often too tired by the time I finish my novel to actually blog anything interesting or decent.

Once this wretched month is over, I will go back to blogging everyday!  Or almost everyday if nothing else.  I have been modeling and am going to see a play tomorrow, so I definitely have things to write about!  All in good time.  :b

2 comments:

  1. I tried NanoWriMo for 4 years but never completed it and I've never tried again. It's too hard for me! Guess I'm just not a gifted fiction writer, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not easy, but I have never lost! Not about to start now, haha. It really has nothing to do with being gifted but being motivated. My writing sucks right now! But at least I'm getting the story written, and revising is a lot easier than writing from scratch. I'm already realizing I have to change the entire premise and point of view. That's going to be a big revision...

      If you ever really want to write a novel, you could set your own word count goal for the month, even if it's as small as 10k words. You technically won't ever be a NaNoWriMo winner, but who really cares since you don't win anything anyway? At least you'll be closer to finishing your novel even if you do only work on it once a year! :b

      Delete