Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Wednesday whatever: Gaia Online avatar for November

Okay, so I can be a geek sometimes...

Sometimes.

Being part of an online anime community doesn't make me too much of a geek, I know.  It's not a word I usually use to describe myself.  I can be pretty geeky when it comes to my fandoms, but overall, it's not how I would describe myself.

Anyway, I have been a member of Gaia Online since September of 2005.  My sister had joined it a few months earlier, and I had just moved from Japan and was still enjoying anything related to it.  Gaia really has very little to do with Japan, though.  In the beginning, it was advertised as an anime role-playing community.  It has changed a lot since then.  The only real anime components that remain are the designs of the avatars and the manga updates.  Gaia is also no longer as free-to-play as it used to be.  I'm not here to rant about how Gaia has changed for the worse, though.  There's really only one thing about Gaia that I enjoy, and that is dressing up my avatar!  ^___^

I try to reflect the current holiday or season in my avatar.  Halloween just passed, but I never actually bought anything for Thanksgiving, and I've been too lazy to TekTek a new avatar.  So, this is what I came up with for this month:


Yeah, I know...I don't really get it either.  D:  But it was all I had in my inventory, and with the insane inflation in the Gaia economy, I wasn't in the mood to buy anything new.  Myeh!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kayla,

    First of all, ANIME! I'm not as big of an anime fan as I was 8-10 years ago, but I still enjoy my shows and manga every now and then. One of my favorites was Fruits Basket. ^_^

    Also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award. :) You can find the post here: http://inwordswithlove.blogspot.com/2014/11/liebster-award.html I love your posts and appreciate our little conversations through comments. You're the first person in my blog life that I communicated with consistently. So, go ahead and check out my post and follow along. :) I look forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be a huge anime fan. Weirdly enough, I became less interested in it upon moving to Japan and started enjoying North American animation more, but I still like it!

      And aw, thank-you! I appreciate that. I don't know if I can think of eleven (!) blogs to nominate since you're also the only blogger I've really interacted with, but I'll see what I can do!

      Delete
    2. It was pretty difficult for me to find 11 blogs, but I based it off of those I follow on Bloglovin. Trust me, I spent almost the whole day trying to figure it all out! If you can't choose, don't worry. Just do what you can or just answer the questions for fun. :)

      Delete