Saturday, December 6, 2014

Saturday dining: Romeo's Euro Cafe

Rating:

We drove up to Gilbert, Arizona a couple weeks ago in order to see a play, but first, we decided to get lunch!  This place received great reviews online, so we decided to go try it!

Romeo's Euro Cafe, like its name suggests, is not an actual restaurant.  However, it does let you make reservations, and since we were in a large group, we called ahead to make sure we could get seated right away.  I had no idea what to expect, but I liked its colorful sign!


Neon colors!




The cafe was a bit small, but we were welcomed by the sight of cute knickknacks!





Hello!  Guyllie!

A case full of cakes!  :D
We were seated right away toward the back near all of the wine bottles.  We don't drink, but we enjoyed looking at them!

The view from our table.
We were presented with menus, and the very first thing I noticed was that...there were too many options.  D:  I had never seen a menu with this many items before!  It took quite awhile to go through the pages and figure out what I wanted, and it was definitely hard to choose just one!  Everything sounded delicious.  As you might gather from the menu, the food is "European."  It specializes in pita sandwiches, burgersubs, and other unique types of food.  Honestly, there is so much variety that it is difficult to adequately describe the food.

There were about eight pages total, and they were all as full as these!
My mom first insisted on getting some cake as an appetizer.  She ordered a piece of chocolate cake which I shared with her.  It was really good!  I didn't want to spoil my appetite for lunch, though, so I did not order my own piece.

After much debate, we all finally decided what we wanted for our meal.  I ordered an avocado feta pita sandwich which consisted of turkey and avocado tossed in a feta dressing wrapped in pita bread.  I forgot to take a picture of it, but words cannot describe enough how good it was.  The taste was sensational, each bite prompting me to take another so that the taste would never go away.  Everyone else in my party seemed to feel the same way.  We were all extremely happy.  I also tried some of their fries, which were also fantastic.

The service was a little slow, but considering that we were a large group and this wasn't really a restaurant, they got our food out pretty quick.  The server was polite and friendly.  He didn't go the extra mile, but his service was more than satisfactory.

Overall, I give this restaurant four and a half peridots out of five.  Yes, it is that good!  I would definitely go again and many more times if I lived closer.  Many online reviews of this restaurant mention the large menu as a con rather than a pro.  While I agree that it is daunting, I would not go so far to say that it is a con.  I wouldn't call it a plus either, but I would not bring its rating down for that.  I would say the only thing that could've been better was the speed and the service.  The speed was not too much of an issue, and honestly, neither was the service.  They were both fine, but they could've been better which is why I can't give it a perfect score.  Still, I highly recommend it.  It's definitely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment