Thursday, December 4, 2014

Thursday music: Mille Lune Mille Onde

The song randomly selected for today is one that I do not actually listen to very often.  It's not because I don't like it.  It's a beautiful song, emotional and heart-moving.  No, the reason I don't listen to it often is because my first and only darling gave the song to me on a CD he made for me, so listening to it breaks my heart, even more so when I read the translation.  It reminds me that I used to mean something to someone.

Enough about that, though.  The song is called "Mille Lune Mille Onde" which translates to "A Thousand Moons, a Thousand Waves."  It is the second single from Italian Andrea Bocelli who is best known for his hit song "Con te partirò."  It is a definite pop song with a sweeping melody and gorgeous vocals.  It's the type of song that can bring tears to your eyes.  Even if it has no personal significance to you like it does to me, it can still break your heart.


 I do not speak Italian, so I did not proofread these lyrics.

Lyrics

Svegliati amore mio, che la notte e' gia' passata
Svegliati vieni qua fra le mie mani, nasce il sole
Non pensare al passato, quanta nebbia c'e' la'
Stringimi e parlami ancora, e vedrai si rivivra'

Legami con i capelli il cuore
Tu mia onda scendi dentro me
Stringimi che ormai io sono il mare
Questo brivido ti sciogliera'

Parlami, abbracciami, scivola, azzurra luna

Foglie e il viento ci porta, siamo ali verso il blu
Stringimi e lasciate andare, il mio viento ora sei tu

Legami con i capelli il cuore
Tu mia onda scendi dentro me
Stringimi che ormai noi siamo il mare
Questo brivido ti sciogliera'

E le notti fuggono, Scivolo baciandoti
Mille lune, mille onde, che attraversano il nostro mare

Legami con i capelli il cuore
Questo brivido ti sciogliera'

Taken from http://lyricstranslate.com/en/mille-lune-mille-onde-thousand-moons-thousand-waves.html#ixzz3KzvUyEhF.


Again, I do not speak Italian, so I cannot say with certainty that this is correct.
Translation
 
Wake up, my love; the night’s already over.
Wake up, come here in my arms; the sun is rising.
Don’t think of the past, all the mists that lie there.
Hold me tight and talk to me again, and you’ll see we’ll live again.

Bind my heart with your hair.
You’re my wave breaking inside me.
Hold me tight for now I’m the sea.
You’ll feel the thrill right through.

Talk to me, hold me, glide, blue moon.

Leaves and the wind carry us.
We’re heading toward the sky.
Hug me and let yourself go.
Now, you are the wind.

Bind my heart with your hair.
You’re my wave breaking inside me.
Hold me tight for now I’m the sea.
You’ll feel the thrill right through.

And the nights slip by.
I glide kissing you.
A thousand moons, a thousand waves that cross our sea.

Bind my heart with your hair.
You’ll feel the thrill right through.

Taken from http://lyricstranslate.com/en/mille-lune-mille-onde-thousand-moons-thousand-waves.html#ixzz3KzvUyEhF.

No comments:

Post a Comment