Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Wednesday whatever: My first YouTube video

About ten years ago (!), I created this music video set to "Sugar, Sugar" by the Archies.  I used clips from my favorite movie, Aladdin.  To be honest, I intended it to just be a practice video, but it turned out better than I thought it would!  I uploaded it my YouTube channel where it has managed to get over 255,000 views.  Back in the day when I first uploaded it, it actually got a lot of views.  I was getting notifications about new comments everyday.  Nowadays, not so many, but it still remains my most watched video on my channel.

I don't know if I can say that I'm really proud of it since it is terrible quality and has some timing issues, but it certainly is fun to watch.


I remember that YouTube was fairly new when I first uploaded this.  I made the video but then had nothing to do with it, no way I knew of to share it with anyone.  There was a site I used to visit called Anime Music Videos where you could upload your videos and view others, but this was not anime, of course.  YouTube was truly a genius idea, an easy way to upload and stream videos.

I'm still working on some other videos that I hope to upload to YouTube someday.  I don't know if I'll ever make a video that gets as many views as this one, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment