Monday, February 16, 2015

Monday fandom: Gary Oak

I'm a fangirl...I guess. :b I mean, I have lots of fandoms that I gush over.

And one of them is...Pokemon! (Forgive me for not including the accent over the "e." It's too much work with a normal English keyboard.)

I've been a huge fan of Pokemon since the cards first appeared on playgrounds all across the country, and I became an even bigger fan when I started playing the Game Boy Color game, Red. I became obsessed and was determined to "catch 'em all!" I got pretty close, too. Over 130 caught before my game data was annoyingly erased. Stupid Game Boy cartridges and their tendency to become corrupted. To be honest, it was only a few years ago that I finally managed to catch all 151 Pokemon in the Blue version. I will never again attempt to get one hundred percent completion in a Pokemon game. Dx It is WAY too time-consuming and difficult.

Anyway, I started watching the show with my younger siblings, and we were all hooked right away. Every morning before school, we would watch an episode. It was worth waking up early for.

But...

There was one character that I absolutely DESPISED. A character that made me angry every time he appeared on screen, every time he made a snarky remark which was ALWAYS.

Gary Oak.

Gary Motherfucking Oak.

I apologize for the language, but there really is no better way to describe the essence of Gary Oak. Gary Oak, the bastard who waits for you to choose a Pokemon so that he can be sure to pick the Pokemon that has an advantage over your own. Gary Oak, the jerk who shows up and demands a battle at the most inopportune moments. Gary Oak, the son of a bitch who somehow got ten badges when there are only eight gyms in the Kanto region.

Seriously, Gary Motherfucking Oak. He even has his own meme. I'm finishing this off with Gary Motherfucking Oak memes because SRSLY GARY MOTHERFUCKING OAK OMG.





Admittedly, I had way too much fun finding these. I hate the guy, but I love to hate him, and these memes are hilarious. :b

Of course, there is one way you can get back at him...

I've actually never named him anything other than "Gary" or "Shigeru" myself, though.  Also, fun fact, Gary's true name in the game is Green (or Blue if you play the American version).

No comments:

Post a Comment