Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sushi splendor

I visited my former roommate today both to return the cake holder she let me borrow and to make sushi!  ^___^

We've made sushi together several times.  We've gotten creative with what we put in it (like BACON!).  This time, though, we didn't do anything too crazy.  Imitation crab meat, cucumber, avocado, and carrots.  It had been awhile since either of us had made sushi, though.  I think it had been close to a year!  So we actually forgot quite a bit about how best to roll it and how much rice to use.

But actually, they turned out pretty good.  The hardest part was probably cutting it, which is always difficult because the ends always seem to fall apart!  But my roommate had this incredibly sharp knife that cut through it like a champ.

Displaying photo.JPG

We added some pork dumplings and soy sauce, and they were good to go!  Best dinnah evah!  We watched The Emperor's New Groove, made brownies, and then watched Hercules.

Ah, Hercules, so flawed, but I love it so much.  Full of wisdom, too, like this lovely line: "Sometimes, it's better to be alone.  Nobody can hurt you."  Ending this Valentine's Day weekend, truer words have never been spoken.  :b  But actually, the same movie has this line: "People do crazy things when they're in love."  Both lines are true.  Both lines mean a lot to me.  I think we all can relate to them in some way.

We'll probably be making sushi again next week.  Maybe I'll be able to get pictures of the process next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment