Thursday, March 26, 2015

Best Pokemon Theme cover EVAH

Today started out pretty good.  I modeled for a sculptor, and although it was three hours of being measured and sitting in one position, I had a lot of fun.  Plus, I got paid more an hour than I get for tutoring at my school!  Pretty awesome, especially since I didn't work yesterday or today, and I won't tomorrow either.  Ah, if I could make art modeling my full-time job, I would be so happy.

But then later this evening, I went on the worst date I've ever been on, and I'm still pretty annoyed about that.  Not only was it a waste of my time but also a waste of my money since I ended up having to buy my own dinner.  But afterwards, I got to see an amazing cultural performance, so it was all good.

Anyway, I wanted to share this fantastic video I found yesterday.  I've heard many, many covers of the original American Pokemon theme song before, but this one by Chris Villain is by far the best.  Not only is the editing amazing (those CG effects are spectacular, wow!), but it actually features JASON PAIGE, the original singer of the Pokemon theme.  Now, admittedly, I didn't know that was his name when I first watched it, so when the title said "ft.Jason Paige," I thought maybe it was just another famous YouTuber or something.  When he appeared, though, I recognized his voice immediately, and my jaw just dropped.  He sounds just as amazing now as he did over fifteen years ago.  Seriously, I cannot gush enough about this cover.  Any and every Pokemon fan needs to see and hear it.


I don't really get why Ash is battling Blaine's son for the Volcano Badge and not Blaine himself.  Also, a level 23 Charmander would NOT be able to use Flamethrower, and a level 23 Pikachu would NOT be able to use Thunderbolt.  :b  But that's just me being a geek...

The Pokémon Company International needs to write some awesome theme songs like this.  4Kids had unbelievably good theme songs, this one being the best, of course.  Honestly, I think they should just use this one again for all subsequent seasons.  I don't think a single Pokemon fan would complain.  This theme song almost consistently tops or at least lands on Top Ten Theme Songs lists, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment