Friday, March 27, 2015

Considerateness (that's a real word? :O)

Today was...not bad, but it had its annoyances.  For one, my tenant uses our shared bathroom to get ready every morning, and she takes two to three HOURS to do it.  I furnished her room with a vanity dresser and mirror so that she wouldn't need to use the mirror in the bathroom, but she still insists on taking claim of the bathroom anyway to do her hair and make-up.  I wish I had mentioned this when she first moved in, but honestly, I thought it would be obvious.  When you share a bathroom with someone, you shouldn't use it unless you actually need it (i.e. showering, toilet, washing your face, brushing your teeth, etc.).  I just really don't understand why she doesn't get that, and I don't know how to tell her to stop without making her uncomfortable or irritated.  I'm just too accommodating.  :/  So, I end up using the bathroom downstairs a lot in the morning, and I don't usually shower until the evening.  As for make-up and hair, well, I actually USE THE MIRROR IN MY ROOM, so that's not a problem, thankfully.  Also, she plays music while getting ready every morning, which I can of course hear.  Seriously, I'll still be trying to sleep, and she's playing it and singing along.  It's not bad music, but I still don't want to hear it.  I try closing my door, which helps a little, but I shouldn't have to do that.  She should just know better.

But it's my fault for not having the courage to speak to her...oh, well.  Maybe I just won't renew her contract when it's up.

The next annoying thing was getting my allergy injections.  They aren't really that bad, but I do hate getting them.  I'm currently only getting them every three weeks, which is pretty good.  Slowly working my way to just once a month.

After my injection, I cleaned the bathroom, which wasn't hard because it wasn't that dirty EXCEPT, oddly enough, for my tenant's side of the shower (i.e. I keep my shampoo and whatnot on one side, she keeps hers on the other).  I don't know it happened, but her side had significantly more soap scum which took forever to get off.  o.O  I just...I don't get it.  What are we doing differently...?

I then took a nap, but I am still feeling REALLY sleepy, which is the story of my life, I guess.
 


In other words, today wasn't that exciting, but if anyone learns anything from this post, please learn how to be considerate of your roommates, especially if you share a bathroom.  x(  I really should just talk to her, but I hate confrontation...

No comments:

Post a Comment