Thursday, March 12, 2015

No Barry Manilow for me T.T

A couple years ago, I bought tickets for a Barry Manilow concert up in Salt Lake City.  I really enjoy his music, and my parents told me that Barry Manilow was their first concert they ever went to together, so I was really excited to go.  The day finally came.  I picked up my sister and drove to the Maverik Center for the show...

...but after driving all that way, we found out that the concert had been postponed just moments before the doors were set to open.  The traffic was terrible as the police halted cars from entering the Maverik Center and told them the unfortunate news.  We were told to hang onto the tickets because they would be honored for a later date.  Supposedly, Barry Manilow was ill.  I don't know if that's the truth or not, but I wish he had cancelled before I drove all the way to Salt Lake City.

Anyway, months and months passed, and there was no news about when Barry Manilow would return.  We could not get refunds unless the show was officially cancelled, so we just had to keep waiting.

A couple months ago, I saw that Barry Manilow was bringing his Farewell Tour to Salt Lake City.  Yay!  But I had a feeling that this was not the postponed show we were waiting for, and sure enough, when I called today, I was informed that the show had indeed been officially cancelled.  Argh!  Actually, I was more annoyed that the Maverik Center site did not announce it or at least put it on their site.  I searched all over the Internet trying to figure it out and eventually had to call to find out.

Even more annoying is that the site I bought the tickets from went out of business, so there is no way for me to get a refund.  I thankfully bought the cheapest tickets, but still, I would've liked to get that money back.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to see his concert on April twentieth.  I really want to, but I am actually very concerned about him cancelling or "postponing" again.  I don't want to waste any more of my money!  But I might just bite the bullet anyway.  I would love to hear him live.
I could not find a higher quality version of this image.  :/

No comments:

Post a Comment