Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Tuesday holiday: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I am beyond exhausted.  It has been a very stressful few weeks, and I'm still not done with everything.  More and more obstacles keep coming up.

I still managed to make today festive, though!  I love holidays, and I especially love dressing up for holidays.  St. Patrick's Day is kind of a silly holiday here in the U.S., but I still love it.  :)


I should've turned my head more to show the headband.  It's actually separate from the hat.  :/  Also, I actually ended up taking off the necklace from around my skirt.  It just seemed like too much.  But looking back, maybe I should've kept it on.

All of the students (and teachers) loved my outfit, too.  I got compliments and requests for pictures all day.  :)  I would've never dressed up this much back in high school when I wanted nothing more than to disappear, but ten years later, I am trying to be more confident and have more fun.  I love dressing up, and the best part about dressing up is showing off your look to others no matter how overwhelming the attention might be.

We had a teachers' potluck, so I brought turkey pinwheel sandwiches.  No, I didn't make them, but everyone seemed to like them!  They went fast.


Also, I bought cupcakes for my students.  They were of course very happy.


And who wouldn't be?!  They even came with green clover rings!

Being from other countries, our students had no idea what was the big deal about St. Patrick's Day, and honestly, I don't know either.  I know the history and the meaning behind the clover, but otherwise, it really is kind of silly.  Nevertheless, I really love it!  Green is one of my favorite colors, and I like any excuse to dress up and eat delicious food!

Happy St. Patrick's Day, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment