Saturday, August 8, 2015

Saturday modeling - BGPStudios

This shoot actually took place about three months ago, but I still remember it well.  It fell on the day of orientation for our summer 2015 semester (I teach English as a second language).  I did my make-up and curled my hair, so I remember feeling a little self-conscious during the orientation since I was definitely over...not dressed since I wore casual clothes to the meeting.  What would you call that?  I just looked way nicer than I needed to.  :b  There was no way I was going to tell anyone why, though.  No one at work knows that I model as a hobby, and I'd like to keep it that way.  Luckily, no one asked me about it, so as soon as the meeting ended, I dashed out and headed for the shoot.

This shoot was a boudoir shoot, which I had not yet done, so I didn't know what to expect.  I met the photographer, Bryan Gilbert, in a hotel room, and after a short exchange of greetings, we got right to it.  Bryan was great.  He knew exactly what he was doing and what he wanted.  He was definitely an artist with a vision, and he certainly loved photography.  I was nervous at first, as always, but with his encouragement and guidance, I was able to feel at ease, and I think we got some great photos.  Some of my favorites, actually!

I really like this one!  I look so tall.  :b


I'm wearing a dress, but it kind of looks like just a shirt.  My legs look so long!


What I liked about this shoot was that Bryan guided me a little, but mostly, I was free to just pose and see what we got, which I like best because the photos look the most natural.

During this shoot, I was trying to keep my mouth closed since I often like to open it, but since this shoot, I've decided that having my mouth slightly open really does look best.  My closed mouth in these pictures doesn't look bad, but my face just looks kind of stern and tight.  It's not the best look for me.

I felt really good after this shoot.  It was comfortable and a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment